Current Statewide REMC Projects
- 21 Things for the 21st Century Educator - Online training for K-12 educators based on the National Educational Technology Standards for Teachers (NETS-T). Check the schedule to see when it is being offered through the Kent ISD.
- 21 Things for the 21st Century Administrator - K-12 administrators online training, based on the National Educational Technology Standards for Administrators (NETS-A). Future training available soon.
- 21 Things4Students - Project-based activities and resources for teaching and learning with educational technology. Aligned to the National Educational Technology Standards for Students (NETS-S), and the Michigan Educational Technology Standards for students (METS). Future training available soon.
- Connected Educator Series - The REMC funded Connected Educator Series brings the ideas and practices of exceptional technology using educators right to teachers and administrators in an easy to access, easy to use, cost effective manner. Educators can access these weekly videos directly from their desktops and play or replay them at their convenience.
- Michigan Learns Online (MLO) Portal Project - Key online learning resources for school administrators, teachers, students and parents. The Portal is seeking online learning courses, lessons and/or units created and used by Michigan teachers with their Michigan students.
- MLO Teaching & Learning Online Courses - this site provides training information and free online high school courses to teachers who want to learn to teach online in a blended or 100% online format. This site is an extension of the Michigan Learns Online Portal, created to assist REMCs in carrying out the goals of the MLO grant project.
- MI Streamnet - this site provides live and on-demand video resources for teachers, administrators, other educational professionals, students and the public. MI Streamnet uses the Internet and the free Adobe Flash Video Player to deliver these video events to the user's computer, free of charge. This collaborative project, begun in 2003, is supported by the REMC Association of Michigan, the Michigan Department of Education and Merit Network. MI Streamnet resources include:
- Professional learning sessions on topics such as assessment, career-technical education, curriculum and instruction and technology
- State Board of Education meetings
- State Superintendent's Podcast
- Online courses
- Michigan e-Library (MeL) K-12 Focused Resources
- Kids Gateway and the Teen Gateway - Reliable, age appropriate and quality Internet resources that inform and stimulate the mind. And they're fun too!
- M.O.R.E. (Michigan Online Resources for Educators) - Teachers can find lesson plans interactive web sites and other curriculum based resources.
- MeL Michigana - Explore Michigan's heritage through this rare and unique history collection of photographs, documents, sound clips and more.
- Test Prep & Tutorials - Practice tests for college, service careers, GED and other online exams with instant scoring and analysis (login required).
- REMC Streaming Video (RSVP) - The REMC Association of Michigan and Discovery Education are collaborating to provide Michigan educators access to 293 full-length educational video titles through the REMC Streaming Video Project (RSVP) Collection. These titles, in the areas of health, mathematics, science and social studies, are aligned with the Michigan Curriculum Framework. The site contains an extensive image library, clip art gallery, and other teacher resources designed to accompany the video content.
Statewide Bid Project
REMC statewide bids are a service of local REMCs, intermediate school districts, and the REMC Association of Michigan. This program has been established through the rules and regulations of the State Board of Education that enable schools statewide to aggregate volume purchases, resulting in saved tax dollars and staff time.